Press and News
SumTotal 2014 Innovation Award Winners Demonstrate Value in Using HR Technology to Transform Workforces and Achieve Organizational Goals
Last month, SumTotal Systems, LLC, a Skillsoft company and a leading provider of next-generation HR solutions, honored six customers as 2014 SumTotal Innovation Award winners, for demonstrating success in addressing a range of business and HR challenges through their use of SumTotal’s Talent Expansion® suite. TD Bank Group, the American Cancer Society and Ace Hardware earned top honors for delivering outstanding value in the “Best Overall Use of Product,” “Best Business Solution” and “Best Launch to Organization” categories, respectively, at TotalConnection, SumTotal’s user conference. The County of San Diego, the Automobile Club of Southern California and BAE Systems received honorable mentions in those categories.
“SumTotal’s Innovation Award winners have demonstrated a strong commitment to leveraging our Talent Expansion solutions to drive learning to the core of their business,” said Hardeep Gulati, general manager and head of SumTotal. “They understand that cultivating an evergreen source of talent requires HR leaders to identify their workforce’s strengths and weaknesses and match business needs with development opportunities for employees. We congratulate these customers on their success and are committed to helping them reach their ongoing goals of delivering relevant training and information when and where employees need it to increase employee engagement and improve their bottom line.”
SumTotal Innovation Award winners earned kudos in the following categories:
Best Overall Use of Product:
- TD Bank Group, one of the top 10 financial services organizations in North America, won this category for its impressive results in using SumTotal’s learning and advanced reporting solutions to create actionable reports, improve employee engagement and increase adoption of mandatory and non-mandatory training to more than 85,000 learners.
- The County of San Diego received an honorable mention for taking advantage of an upgrade of its SumTotal solution to change employees’ perspective on training and create a learner-centered program that promotes on-demand, continuous development.
Best Business Solution:
- The American Cancer Society, the largest non-government, not-for-profit funding source of cancer research in the United States, earned recognition for leveraging SumTotal’s solutions during the organization’s largest transformation in its 100-year history, which included new roles for its 6,500 staff. The organization’s Talent Development team used SumTotal technology to create custom transition training plans to prepare employees for the restructure. During the transition, 95 percent of employees participated in the programs, with 86 percent reporting it would help them do their jobs better.
- The Automobile Club of Southern California, an affiliate of the American Automobile Association (AAA) federation of motor clubs, received an honorable mention for its development of web applications integrated with their SumTotal learning management system.
Best Launch to Organization:
- Ace Hardware, the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world, won for creating an award-winning customer experience through a well-trained workforce. Ace Hardware’s service-focused training programs helped drive the company’s double-digit revenue growth and led consumers to rank the company “Highest in Customer Satisfaction” in 2014, according to J.D. Power & Associates.
- BAE Systems, a global provider of defense and security products, received an honorable mention for its rollout of a SumTotal upgrade that included a new user interface and performance enhancements that led to a 267-percent increase in user satisfaction and $200,000 in annual cost savings.
To learn more about SumTotal and stay connected:
- Follow us on Twitter @sumtotalsystems
- View photos of from TotalConnection on SumTotal’s Facebook page at http://on.fb.me/1qlO9wE
- Watch the TotalConnection highlight video on SumTotal’s YouTube channel.
Visit www.sumtotalsystems.com and check out the SumTotal Blog for innovative HR ideas and discussions.
About SumTotal Systems
SumTotal Systems, LLC, a Skillsoft company and a leading provider of integrated HR solutions, is increasing the performance of some of the world’s most successful organizations, including AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN [ADR]; London: AZN), Amway (KUL: AMWAY), and Seagate (NYSE: STX). SumTotal’s people-focused Talent Expansion® applications, available on premise and in the Cloud, enable contextual, just-in-time development designed to help organizations discover, develop and unleash the hidden potential within their workforce and business ecosystem. Today, more than 3,500 organizations, including several of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s award winning solutions to empower their employees. Visit the SumTotal Blog or follow @SumTotalSystems at twitter.com/sumtotalsystems and on Facebook at facebook.com/SumTotal.Systems for more learning and talent management tips and perspectives.
Skillsoft, the Skillsoft logo, Skillport, SkillChoice, and Books24x7 are a partial listing of the trademarks or registered trademarks of Skillsoft Ireland Limited in the United States and certain other countries. SumTotal and Talent Expansion are registered trademarks of SumTotal Systems, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The SumTotal Learn solution is the market leader, with over 45 million people using the solution to increase their effectiveness and productivity in companies of all sizes and all geographies. SumTotal Learn is the only LMS that provides personalised, contextual learning with the flexibility to enable world-class formal training and certification programs as well as day-to-day informal learning and knowledge sharing. With powerful learning management capabilities for businesses of all sizes, complete learning content management, content creation, measurement tools, offline learning tools and next generation mobile and social learning products, the SumTotal Learn solution can be used anytime, anywhere on nearly any device.More details of this software
SumTotal’s Enterprise Learning Management enables organisations to:
- Deploy faster with open activity architecture
- Reduce non-compliance with continuing-education management
- Improve user adoption with an enhanced, intuitive user experience
- Increase visibility with personalized dashboards
- Reach employees on the go with mobile and off-line learning capabilities
> 13/06/2017 - SumTotal Named Leader in The Aragon Research Globe™ for Corporate Learning
> 04/05/2017 - Interview (HR): Liam Butler, VP EMEA Sales, SumTotal Systems
> 29/03/2017 - Participate in our Exciting New Research with Fosway Group!
> 01/12/2016 - SumTotal Talent Expansion Suite Empowers Onboarding and Career Mobility
> 23/11/2016 - Engaging a Dispersed Workforce: 3 Tips for Managers
> 13/10/2016 - The Leadership Brief: Taking your business to the next level
> 05/10/2016 - SumTotal Unveils a Reimagined Approach to Onboarding During the 2016 HR Technology Conference
> 06/09/2016 - A Holistic Approach to Performance Reviews
> 28/07/2016 - Breaking the Glass Ceiling with Data Analytics
> 14/07/2016 - SumTotal Recognized as a Leader in Learning Management
> 24/06/2016 - SumTotal Named a Leader in 2016 IDC MarketScape Report
> 16/06/2016 - 3 Must-Haves for Employee Recognition
> 09/06/2016 - Skillsoft Announces 2016 Innovation Award Winners and Talent Development Champion of the Year
> 27/04/2016 - Over recent years we have seen a lot of change in the L&D sector
> 25/04/2016 - How Does March Madness Impact Office Productivity and Engagement?
> 15/03/2016 - American Cancer Society Adopts SumTotal Talent Expansion® Suite to Transform into Self-Developing Organization
> 10/03/2016 - Customer Speakers Announced for 2016 Global Skillsoft Perspectives
> 26/02/2016 - SumTotal Talent Expansion® Suite Helps Customers Redefine Employee Development
> 10/02/2016 - SumTotal Announces Visionary Talent Expansion® Suite Winter 2016 Release
> 13/01/2016 - Skillsoft Announces 2016 Innovation Awards, Calls for Submissions
> 05/11/2015 - Skillsoft and SumTotal Celebrate First Year as Combined Organization
> 23/10/2015 - Latest SumTotal Talent Expansion® Suite Release Simplifies Talent Management Experience and Supports Employees in Driving Their Own Development
> 02/09/2015 - How to Understand and Measure Employee Engagement
> 17/08/2015 - The UK Apprenticeship Levy: Treating the Symptom
> 22/06/2015 - Is Your Employee Development Plan Half-Baked?
> 12/06/2015 - Skillsoft Unveils the “Self-Developing Organization” at 2015 Global Skillsoft Perspectives
> 29/05/2015 - Skillsoft and IBM Research Unveil New Applications for Big Data
> 22/05/2015 - Skillsoft Announces 2015 Innovation Award Winners and Talent Development Champion of the Year
> 15/05/2015 - Skillsoft Announces Acquisition of Vodeclic
> 17/04/2015 - Staying on Top of Your Game at Perspectives
> 07/04/2015 - Skillsoft’s Perspectives 2015 to Showcase Customers, Industry Experts and the Latest Innovations in Learning and Talent Management
> 16/03/2015 - interview (e-learning): Steven Rees-Pullman VP EMEA Sales, SumTotal Systems a Skillsoft company
> 03/03/2015 - SumTotal Named a Leader in IDC MarketScape Report on Learning Management
> 12/12/2014 - SumTotal 2014 Innovation Award Winners Demonstrate Value in Using HR Technology to Transform Workforces and Achieve Organizational Goals
> 05/11/2014 - SumTotal Expands Global Footprint, Partners with Three New Resellers
> 23/10/2014 - SumTotal and Its Customers Recognized for Innovation in HR Solutions and Programs
> 20/10/2014 - SumTotal Announces TotalConnection 2014 Sponsors and Speaker Lineup
> 13/10/2014 - Latest SumTotal Talent Expansion® Enhancements Extend Employee Engagement, Retention, Succession Planning Capabilities
> 07/10/2014 - Skillsoft completes acquisitio of SumTotal Systems
> 16/09/2014 - HR Technology Provider Expands Business with Triple-digit Increases in Second Quarter Bookings
> 05/09/2014 - Hr experts examine value of extended learning in SumTotal webinar series
> 28/08/2014 - 4 Secrets to a Happy and Productive Career
> 14/08/2014 - Sumtotal and Fistful of talent team up for interactive, virtual hr hangout events
> 24/07/2014 - SumTotal reveals industry expert speakers for 10th annual global user conference: TotalConnection 2014
> 19/06/2014 - Fallon Health achieves success using SumTotal Talent expansion™ for employee engagement, regulatory compliance
> 21/01/2014 - SumTotal Systems Names Hardeep Gulati Chief Executive Officer
> 08/10/2013 - SumTotal’s Talent Expansion Suite Delivers Industry’s First Context-Aware User Experience for HR
> 16/09/2013 - SumTotal receives four Best of Elearning! 2013 Awards
> 05/09/2013 - Organizations Using Advanced Workforce Analytics Report Outperforming Their Competitors, According to a Study from Harvard Business Review Analytic Services
> 19/08/2013 - Developing Learning and Compliance (SumTotal : VieCuri medical centre case study)